Dental Sealants in Valencia
Preventing Cavities & Protecting Your Teeth
Sealants are used in preventative dentistry to fill in narrow grooves in a tooth that cannot be adequately cleaned by brushing. In some cases, the tooth structure has fine grooves or pits that accumulate plaque — not because the person doesn’t brush, but because they’re too narrow to allow even one bristle into them.
These will develop cavities over time. To avoid and prevent this, the dentist will brush on a coating that seals the grooves and pits, making it possible to brush off all the plaque and keep your teeth healthy. At Go Dental, our dentists have decades of experience in preventative dentistry. You can rely on us to quickly and efficiently handle your dental sealants in Valencia.
How Are Sealants Applied?
The process for applying sealants is as follows:
- We thoroughly clean the teeth that need to be sealed.
- Our team then dries each tooth, and an absorbent material is placed around the tooth to keep it dry.
- We then put an acid solution on the teeth’s chewing surfaces in order to make them rougher, which helps make the bonding process easier.
- Next, the teeth are rinsed and dried.
- We will then paint the sealant onto the tooth enamel, where it will bond to the tooth and harden.
Why Choose Go Dental?
Since 2000, Go Dental has been the go-to dental office for countless residents throughout Santa Clarita Valley. We have successfully treated many different types of dental problems, and we have a comprehensive understanding of various areas of dentistry. From restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry to sedation dentistry and more, we can handle it all. Using cutting-edge equipment in our state-of-the-art facility, we can safely and efficiently resolve all your dental problems.
Call us today at (661) 535-0100 to schedule your appointment for dental sealants in Valencia.